Specialized Positive Approach Dementia Training
- Changing the Paradigm; Seeing Dementia Differently, Dispelling Myths, Eliminating Stigma
- Prevention vs. Treatment for Dementia Related Behavior
- Communication in the world of Dementia; Identifying Underlying Emotional NEEDS behind the words in order to reduce Challenging Behavior.
- Critical Importance of Attention to Non-Verbal Communication
- Seeing the PERSON Within; Validation of Feelings & Emotions
- Challenging Behavior-What does it mean?
- Spirituality and Dementia; How to recognize and meet Spiritual Needs
- Transitions are Traumatic; How Can I help?
- Creating Purposeful & Meaningful “Individualized” Activities
- Supportive End of Life Care for Persons with Dementia and their Families
- Sexuality and Sexual Expression in Memory Care
Frontal Temporal Dementia (FTD) vs other Dementias; How do we know and why is it important? Variations in types of Frontal Temporal Dementia Management Training
- Creating Valuable Staff Relationships; Eliminate Inappropriate Hierarchical Attitudes, Importance of spending time on the floor to gain insight into the REAL Issues effecting staff & Residents
- The Value of Recognition and Reward for ALL staff
- Creation of Appropriate Mentors, as staff support, to Assess & then address issues immediately and thoroughly.
- Team Building in a stressful workplace. New Ideas?
- Revisiting ALL job descriptions in dementia care; Relationships are KEY
- Creating Career Paths for Direct Care Staff, Empowering them in order to solicit buy-in, participation and self-direction. Create a positive work atmosphere where pride and satisfaction in their work is the dominant outcome.